England’s Medieval Festival 2016 | 27th – 29th August
August 27th – 29th 2016
Herstmonceux Castle, Sussex
Family day tickets from £46 / Family weekend tickets from £230
‘What an incredible experience. We felt like we really had gone back in time!’
Herstmonceux Castle is a fairy tale setting for a totally different family weekend; step back in time and immerse your family in the spectacular magic of the past. England’s Medieval Festival is the most authentic, one-of-a-kind event in the UK with a very special blend of history and fun for the whole family.
From the moment you arrive you are surrounded by the sights, smells and excitement of medieval times. Realistic historical battles, jousting, performers, horses, archery, music, traditional crafts, eating, drinking, shopping and day-to-day life of the past.
Wizards, jesters, knights, dragons and princesses await the kids. Guests can enjoy medieval glamping, standard camping in the castle grounds, or even a real bed in the onsite B&B. Or just come for the day.
We’ve also got our readers a special 10% off advanced day and weekend camping tickets to England’s Medieval Festival booked before 17th August. Enter code WELOVEBRIGHTON10 at check out to get 10% off.
Highlights of the Weekend include:
- Jousting – twice daily shows
- Musical entertainment – traditional, folk and everything in between
- Daily grand parades, and an evening torch lit procession
- Minstrels, magicians and ‘The Mud Show’
- Jesters, jugglers and bird of prey
- Kids’ Kingdom: drum, sword and jester schools, archery, medieval bushcraft, stage shows, pony rides, medieval skittles and crafts, campfire storytelling and star-gazing.
- Workshops: chain mailing, iron work, wood weaving, calligraphy, brass rubbing, candle making, stone carving
Hundreds of traditional craftsmen and traders
- Outdoor evening cinema, fire shows and a wooden ferris wheel
Huge range of craft ales, ciders & mead at the Buxom Wench & Jester Taverns
- Excellent traditional food – savour hogs roasting over open coals
- Medieval banquet in the castle
- Stunning surroundings in the beautiful castle gardens and grounds.
Tickets on sale now here
England’s Medieval Festival is now in its 24th year and continues to provide an unforgettable family experience in a unique and authentic location. Read some feedback from previous guests.
‘Highlight of my year! Wouldn’t miss it for the world.’
‘Wonderful castle and setting. Just the place for a fine medieval festival.Just the best!’
‘People were lovely! Lots of activities happening, and so many traders with beautiful handmade objects. The Jousting was simply AMAZING. A pure delight!’
‘What a brilliantly staged event. Really friendly people, loads to see. Only wish we had stayed for the weekend. Always next year.’